The Town of Valleyview Municipal Campground is open!
The following precautions are recommended when visiting campgrounds.
- Credit card (non-cash) payment is encouraged.
- Those who are sick or have symptoms related to COVID-19 are encouraged not to enter campgrounds.
- Wash hands frequently.
- Refrain from touching your face.
- Use 60% alcohol content hand sanitizer.
Let’s all do our part to keep healthy and happy!
General Campground Info
Located on 50th Street north, the municipal campground is within walking distance of the Greenview Regional Multiplex and downtown Valleyview.
The Town of Valleyview RV Park has 12 stalls with power and water hook up (water available seasonally), as well as an RV dump station.
The stocked trout pond adjacent to the campground is open to the public and campers, as is the newly installed playground equipment – a project made possible through the Valleyview Enhancement Society and community sponsorship.
Self-registration is in effect, and cash or cheque payments can be made on-site. To make payments in person or by credit card please visit the Town of Valleyview Administration Office at 4909 – 50th Street or call 780-524-5150.
For all other inquiries please call Town of Valleyview Community Services at 780-524-5158.
(Approx. starting May long weekend)
Includes Power & Water
Includes Power only
Alberta Provincial Parks & Campsites
Williamson Provincial Park on the south shore of Sturgeon Lake is a favourite holiday and recreation spot for many.
Enjoy the trees and the lakeshore splendour.
Williamson Provincial Park is 15 km west of Valleyview. 60 campsites and a large day-use area with a shelter are nestled in an old spruce grove. Some sites are pull-through and some have power. There are many facilities including a beach with a swimming area, a large play area and basketball nets, and a boat launch.
Young’s Point Provincial Park is located on the northwestern part of Sturgeon Lake, 26 km west and 10 km north of Valleyview.
The beautiful treed point has 99 sites, some with power.
Approximately 35 sites are located right on the lakeshore. Facilities include a boat launch, hiking trails and viewpoint, playgrounds, showers and a swimming area.
Reservations can be made at https://reserve.albertaparks.ca
For Alberta Provincial Park & Campsite updates, please visit https://albertaparks.ca
In addition to the Municipal Campground and Provincial Parks there are several other camping choices available:
- Waskahigan River Campground (Little Smoky) 780-538-5350
- Gunby Ranch Golf Course (Debolt) 780-957-2150
- Greenview Golf Resort (Sturgeon Lake) 780-524-3673
- Sherk’s RV Park- Located 1 km south of Valleyview 780-524-4949
- Valleyview Riverside Golf Course 780-524-2449 or 5049
- Swan Lake (33 km West of Valleyview)
- Potters Hand Campground- Located 6km south of Valleyview 780-524-8790