The following is information and links about the Novel Coronavirus COVID-19.
REMINDER: The Town of Valleyview Administration Office will reopen their doors to the public today, Thursday June 25, 2020.
Residents who visit will find enhanced safety measures and regulations in place:
- Please do not enter if you are experiencing any COVID-19 related symptoms.
- Signage, including floor markers, are in place for physical distancing.
- A plexi-glass divider is installed at our front counter for visitor and employee safety.
- Hand sanitizer provided; if you choose a mask is available to wear in our office for your visit.
- We strongly encourage our residents and business to consider and/or continue using remote payment options rather than in-person payments.
- Staff will be cleaning regularly, wiping down and disinfecting surfaces.
The Town of Valleyview Administration Office hours are Monday to Thursday from 8:00 am to 4:30 pm and Friday 8:00 am to 12:00 pm.
The Town of Valleyview Recreation Department, Public Works Department & Utilities Department continue to be CLOSED to the public until further notice. As before, they are fully operational and can be contacted via phone and email.
Please note there will no longer be daily updates on the COVID-19 pandemic. We will update any major changes and news. All COVID-19 news and updates are taken directly from the Alberta Government website which you can access at: Alberta Coronavirus Information
Stay informed on cases in our Region:
Valleyview is located in Alberta Health Services North Zone which is geographically the largest zone in Alberta.
Follow the link below to see the location of confirmed COVID-19 cases in the Province, as well as the North Zone.
Please note the area Valleyview is located in has changed and is now MD of Greenview #16. There were 3 cases (0 active, 3 recovered) in the MD of Greenview #16 as of this update.
To access Alberta Government Website COVID-19 Stats and COVID-19 cases in Alberta by zone, click the link below.
For Geospatial information click on “View the Interactive Data”; on the top of that page is a menu where you can access Geospatial and other information.
Alberta confirmed 44 new cases on June 24.
As this is an evolving situation, further updates can be found at Government of Alberta, Government of Canada and Alberta Health Services websites: