A challenging growth opportunity exists for a motivated Utility Operator to join our team.
We are currently seeking an energetic and reliable individual to fill the permanent, full-time position of Water/Wastewater Operator I within the Utilities Department. We are seeking an individual who is adept at planning and organizing, has strong skills in analysis and evaluation, and who can work well independently and as part of a team.
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- Current certification in or working towards Water Treatment and Water Distribution Level I and Wastewater Collection and Wastewater Treatment Level I.
- Completion of Grade 12 or Equivalent
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Confined Space Entry
- First Aid Training
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s License
- Assist in overseeing, operating, and maintaining the water and wastewater treatment facilities.
- Assist with the installation, maintenance, replacement, and operation of water metering and automatic meter reading (AMR) systems for all residential, industrial, and commercial meters.
- Perform all duties and responsibilities in accordance with the Health & Safety manual approved by the Town along with Alberta Environment and Occupational Health & Safety regulations.
- Maintain confidentiality, sound discretion and integrity on municipal issues.
- Operate in a manner that promotes and results in a high level of environmental stewardship.
- Perform other related duties and responsibilities consistent with the position as required or assigned by the immediate supervisor.
- Deal effectively with challenging customers.
- Requires availability for on-call after-hours duties.
- Requires the ability to work safely when operating equipment.
- Requires excellent public relations skills and sensitivity to the needs of the public.
- Requires the ability to work alone.
For more information contact Carol McCallum, Director of Utilities, at 780-524-5160.
Interested candidates may submit their resumé by e-mail to Stacey Hanrahan at email@example.com or by mail or drop-off to:
Town of Valleyview
4909 50 Street
Valleyview, AB T0H 3N0
The Town of Valleyview thanks all applicants, however, only those shortlisted for an interview will be contacted.
The competition will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.