Position Details: Full-Time | Permanent | Available Immediately
Date Posted: August 5, 2021
Closing Date: Applications will be accepted until a suitable candidate is found.
A challenging growth opportunity exists for a permanent full-time Gas Utility Operator.
The Town of Valleyview is seeking a Full-time Gas Utility Operator position within the Utilities Department. In this team environment, you will play an integral role in the construction, maintenance and operation of natural gas transmission and distribution systems.
This is a full-time, permanent position which is available immediately.
- Gas Utility Operator Certificate; valid
- Journeyman Gasfitter is an asset
- Class 5 Alberta Motor Vehicle Operator’s License; valid, clean abstract
- Standard First Aid, H2S
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Able to participate in on-call rotation.
- Ability to work in a physically demanding environment.
- Abide by codes of all regulating bodies, in regard to the necessary reporting requirements for all aspects of the Department.
Candidates not meeting above qualification may be considered and are encouraged to apply.
Current Employees of the Town of Valleyview fulfilling the requirements essential to this position shall be considered for this position.
Successful candidates will be required to provide a criminal record check and driver’s abstract.
- Excellent benefits package.
- Advancement opportunities as well as personal & professional development.
- Competitive wages based on qualifications and experience.
For further information, please contact Director of Utilities Carol McCallum at (780) 524-5160. Candidates interested in fulfilling this position are encouraged to submit a detailed resume with references.
Town of Valleyview
Valleyview, AB T0H 3N0
4909 50 Street, Valleyview
Candidates will be contacted for interview and position will remain open until suitable candidate is hired.
We thank all applicants however, only those short-listed will be contacted.